Re: repo layout for EPEL (Re: Initial Proposal for doing Enterprise Extras)

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Very few users want to be a
guinea pig, even fewer enterprise users have time to be a guinea pig.

Well, I'd say "only a few users" want to be a guinea pig. But that's
IMHO still better then nothing. I'd be even glad if nearly all EPEL
contributors would have testing enabled. That far more testing then the
packager itself can do because he often not even has access to all the
archs that the packages is build for. Same for Fedora {Core,Extras}.

right.

Also, one point we need to still keep in mind is that *all* of these packages have already seen light+life on FedoraCore{something}, and there isnt any testing-repo there, so its pretty much anyone using the pkg, and doing his/her yum updates regularly, like every good child should, has been eaten/bitten/suckered by most of the bugs. { or do I live in false hope ? }

- KB