Re: Transaction Check Error

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Christopher Stone wrote:
Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/share/man/man6/worm.6.gz from
install of xscreensaver-extras-4.24-3.fc5 conflicts with file from
package bsd-games-2.17-10.fc5

Do we currently have any way to check for these?

Yep! I wrote a script yesterday and ran it against the FC5 tree. Today I revised it, and ran it against the FC6 tree. I've passed the results on to Christian Iseli (of the QA SIG), and discussed a few things with Jesse Keating. Not much progress yet, but I've had useful data for less than a day. (For the record, FC6 is in WAY better shape than FC5 was, but we've still got a ways to go.)

And how do we resolve which package gets to own this file?

The package owners battle it out in a fight to the death. This gets complicated if the same maintainer owns both packages (but then, they should have noticed the overlap, shouldn't they?).
 Honestly, no idea -- sounds like a matter for FESCo!  (Sorry guys!)

     Jima