Re: [Fedora-packaging] Re: Attention kernel module project packagers!

Axel Thimm wrote:
On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 04:12:06PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

We can modify our kernel RPM and yum if appropriate in order to
support that agreed method.

That already happend -- FESCo worked out and agreed on a propsoal last
winter http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/KernelModules
It's working fine.

No, it's not...

Thorsten, Axel,

In the hopes of furthering the discussion can we at least agree that the current kmod scheme works, at least to some people's perception of what that means. I hope, also, that we can agree that the current kmod scheme does have limitations/shortcomings.

With that in mind, I think this (should) all boil down to the question: which weighs more heavily in your mind, the pain/suffering(*) of involved in
1.  Adopting/changing-to a new (kmdl) standard
2.  living with the limitations/shortcomings that come with using kmod.
?

(*) Which brought to my mind one of my favorite movie quotes:
"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

-- Rex