Re: HelixPlayer

Orion Poplawski wrote:
Neal Gompa wrote:
HelixPlayer messes with downloading RPMs, and it tries to play them, I'm
hoping that it is fixed so that *.rpm isn't considered a RealMedia thing
since RealMedia doesn't use that extension anymore... I think....

I thought this was being done on the webserver side, returning a mime type of x-application/realplayer or some such.

Yes. Its the server side setup thats not appropriately done but there is almost zero chances of .rpm files being Real media ones and we can make things work better by not associating Helix Player (or Real Player for that matter) with the extension at all regardless of the mimetype.

Rahul