Re: rpmlint problem: Class-Path in manifest problem

Hi,

My 0.01 $ idea.

1) Remove the CLASSPATH entry from the jar file, copy  the modify jar
in /usr/share/java/ant/.

2) Crea in /etc/ant.d that contain its like that (oro example)
oro ant/ant-apache-oro

If the task depend on many jars:
jar1 jar2 ant/task.jar

file place in /etc/ant.d help Ant to load the jars files in the CLASSPATH.

3) If it work, create a patch to remove the classpath line in the
manifest file, to do that at rpm build time.

4) Hope that Help you ;-)

Cheers
Alphonse

2006/7/12, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Le mercredi 12 juillet 2006 à 14:43 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III a
écrit :

> IF> Does anybody know what this mean,
>
> > rpmlint -I class-path-in-manifest
> class-path-in-manifest :
> The META-INF/MANIFEST file in the jar contains a hardcoded Class-Path.
> These entries do not work with older Java versions and even if they do work,
> they are inflexible and usually cause nasty surprises.
>
> IF> and why it's considered bad?
>
> I don't know enough about Java to say more.

Because the file will behave differently depending where it or its deps
are in the filesystem, which leads to very unfunny debugging sessions to
find out why an app suddenly broke.
At lease when the classpath is in a script and not burried inside
metadata you can understands what happens (plus scripts are a boatload
more flexible than hardcoded absolute paths)

--
Nicolas Mailhot