Re: Recapitulate the current state of Fedora Extras and some ideas to make it better

Christian.Iseli@xxxxxxxx wrote:
rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx said:

If by "fail the build" you really mean "warn the packager", then we're  in
agreement. (:

I'd like something a bit more intrusive than a warning. What I'd like to see is:
 5. at this point, maintainer has to scan the diffs and make a decision:
A. the diffs are inocuous -> update the reference files and resubmit the build

Community will see the updates to the reference files and can comment where needed...

I think this would be a pretty nice and easy QA improvement.

Ugh, one more thing for packagers to do (maintaining rpmlint and rpm Provides/Requires reference files). I suppose if it could be made dead-simple to maintaine/update, via something like,
make update-buildsys-reference-files
(or whatever), I wouldn't mind.