Re: Opinions on the election (was: Re: FESCo Election Results)

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 01:49:33PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
ACK. The participation was very disappointing.
One would assume the FE contributors would back up old or new members of
FESCO much more actively. Not voting leaves too much room for
interpretation and could also be understood as disapproval of the
nominees.

I think it was just a lack of interesting controversy. I went and read the
list and everyone's ideas and almost didn't vote.

Okay, so we'll have to stage a scandal next election. Someone needs to anonymously attest that they saw Dennis Gilmore install Ubuntu on his T1000, or something.* Then he'll in turn fling mud back at whoever arranged that relevation (oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that), and you can guess where that'll go. Then someone will probably bribe Sopwith to "make a few database adjustments" during the election, which will lead to a Fedora Advisory Board investigation, and then all bets are off who will be on FESCo. Maybe THAT will drum up enough interest in the election. For that matter, maybe I sullied Dennis's reputation enough that a sufficient majority of Fedora contributors will demand a recall, during which Alan Cox will be elected to replace him.
 Aren't politics fun?

     Jima

[*] This actually happened, but only so he could figure out what drivers Aurora needed enabled.