Re: Clarification on Packaging Guidelines

> The open question here would be: Should dlopen'ed plugins in $libdir
> be allowed?

Actually my question was for a standard shared library package. This is a GTK widget called 'gtkdatabox' which is currently in bugzilla as a review request (#196529). I have a normal package which has libgtkdatabox.so.* then the -devel package with the headers, pkgconfig files, and .so symlinks. According to previous responses, since the .so files are symlinked the %pre/%postun are not needed. Maybe it is clear but I got confused somewhere in the process.

Thanks,
Eric