Re: Unorphan: arc

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le dimanche 30 avril 2006 à 14:12 +0200, Hans de Goede a écrit :
Hi all,

I would like to unorphan arc, anybody else already working on this. any
objections / remarks?

I'm curious : is there any reason nomarch is not good enough for you ?

I didn't know there was another tool that can read arc archives. I have this habbit to search for orphan in owners.list and see if there is anything I might concider picking up. Since I don't want Fedora users who happen to have ancient .arc archives to be left without a way to open them I thought I would pick up arc. Is nomarch cmdline compatible / could a cmdline wrapper (bash) be written? I ask because I think tools like mc will searhc for arc when trying to open a .arc no idea what nautilus will do.

When I had to choose between nomarch and arc for orphaning, no one stood
for arc (nor, for that matter nomarch). So I decided to keep the most
recent codebase in the tree.

Yes its in decent shape, although it does throw 2 warnings about using the unscure mktemp function. I think I'll patch those 2 and taken ownership of arc. Choice is always good and it doesn't seem a lott of work. If it does turn out to be more effort then its worth it it csn be orphaned again (not that I'm planning on that).

Regards,

Hans