Re: Security Response Team / EOL

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

Branches for new packages in CVS are not created for Distributions
that are in Maintenance state. FESCo can approve exceptions of this rule
if there are good reasons for it. The official package maintainers are
I completly disagree with that. If a user don't want new packages that
entered extras while in maintainance state he shouldn't install new
packages. In my opinion the maintainer could be able to add new packages
for distributions in maintainance state, if he is confident that he
will maintain it. [...]

I can live with that if others agree with it. But there were some people
in FESCo that don't like this idea.

If the package maintainer fails, then that just becomes yet another reason to retire the distro as it pulls the statistics down.

I can almost support this idea, except I think we should discourage adding new things. There shouldn't be a wide open door for branching to FC-3.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx