Re: package EOL

Michael Schwendt wrote:
So far, policies about orphans have been lax or non-existent as to give
potential contributors the opportunity to evaluate orphans and pick them
up more easily. However, I think the time has come to delete orphans from
the repository more regularly and in accordance with a well-defined
policy. Else the list of orphans will grow as we continue in "devel" and
old orphans exist only in the old branches. I'm a proponent of the
all-or-nothing strategy: orphaned binaries are deleted from all active
(i.e. still supported branches). Once a new maintainer is found, he
could update and publish new builds.

Exactly. I am wanting to see a better way of handling orphans and what I consider (I say I, cuz my point doesn't seem to be clear to some) to be retired packages.

Michael