Re: Comps, or, Making it Easier for Users to Find Software

Jeremy Katz wrote:
With FC5 on the way and the advent of the repo-aware replacement for
system-config-packages (pirut), we're now in a much better position for
making it easy for users to gain access to applications.

So, you might ask, what can I do to help?  Well, if you maintain an
application which makes sense for a user to select[1], check out the
comps module and make sure that your package is listed in a reasonable
group in the comps-fe5.xml.in file.  If it's not, feel free to add it
using the following as a template if your package were named "foo":
  <packagereq type="optional">foo</packagereq>
If you think there needs to be a new group, please let me know.

Should there be a "Fortran Development" group? I have ftnchek that would belong.

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222