Re: Specifying arch in BuildRequires:

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
I'm trying to package GNU Pascal and I'm running into a problem on
x86_64.  Since x86_64 is a multilib platform, the build process will
try to build both 64 and 32 bit libraries.  Therefore it needs
glibc-devel for both x86_64 and i386 to be installed during the
build.  (Otherwise the build fails for lack of
/usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h.)

So, any ideas on how I can convince mock to install glibc-devel on
both architectures?  Alternately, is there a GCC build expert in the
house?

It is not possible to do with current RPM. GNU Pascal is just plain wrong in what it is trying to do. You need to patch it so it ignores the other arch and doesn't attempt to build it.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx