Re: static libs ... again

> While such people have a niche use of static libs, we all know that the
> actual USE of static libs require a lot of hands-on and funny compiler
> flags.

I never had to do anything funny to compile statically my numerical models.
But it is very possible that my use (scientific numerical models) are not
a target for Fedora, which is more targeted for network and desktop?
(and yes, of course I can recompile myself the numerical libs I use, liek
gsl, lapack, fftw, and redistribute them at the labs where I have some
fedora, as rpm or with other mean). But it is a waste of time and resources
if there is a more widespread use.

--
Pat