Re: Fwd: Process of creating an education remix

wondering how to create a custom Linux image for a class he's teaching
this fall.

Oh cool! :) Thanks Mel for posting this here; we should be able to help.

Whoa, that was fast - thanks, Sebastian! I should step back now and let Jeff speak, since he's the one evaluating options. Jeff, does this sound like something that would fit your requirements?

I see python-gasp is in Fedora, but a bit outdated... if man-power is
needed, I could help co-maintaining it. Luke, what's its current state?

(For context, for other folks on this list: Iirc, Luke is the maintainer of python-gasp in several other distros.)

Oh, btw Mel: How do we proceed with the education-bookmarks, btw?

Well, I haven't gotten any requests to change the bookmarks that are already packaged there, but if folks want revisions to the bookmarks list (that are saved in Firefox by default), just file an enhancement request against and I'll take care of it; it's an incredibly simple package (one html file). (If anyone wants to take over maintenance, I'd be up for that as well. ;)

--Mel