Re: Introduction and some questions

Hi,

> Well, I saw this question coming. What we currently have around is this
> preview remix for F10. We didn't include all the locals, since they don't
> just fit all on a CD.
>
> So we're currently just having English and Sinhala language support around.
> Why the latter one? Because Danishka from our SIG will be running a user
> group test and needed therefore those packages. We just didn't want to
> create to almost equal images.
>
> I'm not sure, what the future will bring: I'd still like to get all the
> locales on the spin, but this would maybe go beyond the scope. We should
> probably figure out something concerning this topic, also because language
> support might be quite important in educational questions.

Absolutely. Currently Fedora is not handling this very well, however a
possible solution would be to have multiple spins by regions (EMEA
region, Americas region, Asia-pacific region, Africa region) as some
companies do with their products. Also, a DVD with all the languages
should be considered, since I believe that for most regions having a
DVD-ROM is quite common.

> For now, the plan was just to have English locales on the CD and to allow
> and guide people to create language-specific respins, but I'll double-check
> the size of the locals. It's justthat we normally need to include either all
> or none of the locals.

Keep us informed! :)

> Thanks!
> --Sebastian

"We the willing, following the unknowing are
doing the impossible. We have done so much
for so long with so little we are now able to do
anything with nothing."