New Meeting & Further Progress

Hi all,

I wanted to give you some kind of update (including announcements), what is happening here right now, as well as in other efforts related to education.

===

1. The most recent announcement outside the Education SIG, but still related to education, might have been the foundation of the Fedora OLPC SIG.

Greg DeKoenigsberg announced the OLPC SIG here (for all those, who haven't noticed yet ;)

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-July/msg00009.html

And here is the wiki page:

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OLPC

I applaud the OLPC project's efforts concerning education, including those related to the Sugar desktop environment and would like to encourage everyone, who is interested, to join this SIG (you'll meet me there, too :).

===

2. Lets move to some of our internal topics: I would like to announce a new meeting for...

   tomorrow, Friday, July 25 at 1800 UTC on #fedora-meeting

If you're interested, please join us there. Further information can be found here:

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Education/Meetings

===

3. Our Fedora Education Math Spin... there are also some news concerning this topic!

Finally, we moved away from our former plans to release a spin for F9. We're now focused on publishing a spin for F10. But that doesn't mean, that you'll have to wait until the final release of Fedora 10!

The spin (or more specifically the kickstart file) is already in the GIT repository. If you want to have a look at it, any suggestions are welcome. Here is the link:

http://git.fedoraproject.org/git/spin-kickstarts.git?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=blob;f=fedora-livecd-education-math.ks

We're going to release a preview spin based on F10 Alpha very soon! So stay tuned... work is still in progress! :)

By the way: I created also a Feature Page for the spin, which is necessary to get it approved by FESCo later. It is located here:

   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Education

Please come up with any ideas or suggestions you may have!

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Sebastian Dziallas