Re: More questions

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Matt Oquist wrote:

I consult for some schools and I work for a school district.

I hesitated to write this as a reply to the other question, but now
you've asked the question to which I REALLY have an answer.

And the answer is... single sign on and MS Active Directory.

We want to be able to join a Linux box (K12LTSP server, usually) to an
AD network and have home directories automagically mounted correctly
(pam_mount needs to be enhanced to query the AD server, etc.), and we
want to be able to configure Samba/LDAP easily for non-AD
environments.

Our desired state of affairs is one username/password/homedir per
person. If there's an AD server in place, we should be able to add the
K12LTSP server to the AD domain and use the Windows home directories.
If it's a new network, we should be able to create a new Samba/LDAP
domain (answering a bare minimum of questions, with some "advanced"
configuration options available) and be able to join Windows
workstations to it with no hassles.

Is any work going on here that you know of?

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager