Re: Thanks for answering the roll call. And now, a question.

Yee haw cowboy. lets ride.
On Wednesday 18 April 2007 00:21, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 4/17/07, Richard June <rjune@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I hadn't heard that part. My understanding is that Ardence is basically
> > doing NFS root of a full OS. Which is similar to what LTSP 5 (muekow) is
> > doing on Ubuntu and a few other distributions
>
> Speaking of ltsp 5....
> Are you game for helping me take eric harrison's current ltsp 5
> package set and getting them into shape for submission to Fedora
> Extras?  I'm going to be spending time this week and next week poking
> at what he's currently got with the goal of making a package
> submission to fedora extras as soon as I am comfortable with the
> mechanics of the packaging.  My understanding from my brief email
> conversation with eric is that there could be some improvement in
> automating the configuration process for a default config, but that
> the packages basically work.
>
> I'll stand up and act as maintainer for the package set for the time
> being until I find some co-maintainers with cvs access.  Once we get
> ltsp 5 into the fedora repository we can have a serious discussion as
> part of the fedora development dialog about how we can establish a
> ltsp install target for fedora 8 and beyond. Post Core/Extras merger
> we might even have a good chance of getting a dedicated ltsp or even
> an educational spin out into the wild IF we have enough momentum to
> keep it maintained. If we can get a fedora spin for ltsp together
> (that can be tracked with download metrics), we'll be in a strong
> position to shame Red Hat into putting some engineering manhours into
> the development to start pulling a product together based on the
> Fedora packages.
>
> -jef

Chuck Norris is a hack. MacGyver could build a gun from a paperclip and shoot
Chuck Norris, then build a Stargate from a toaster and hide the body on some
planet with no food whatsoever for when Chuck Norris wakes up.

Public Key available Here:
http://www.bravegnuworld.com/~rjune/pubkey.asc