Open Source and Education Book

On Jun 2, 2006, at 12:00 PM, fedora-education-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I had a great session with the editor on the FLOSS in Ed book

Steve -

That is great news! I really think an Open Source and Education book will make a huge difference - both for transmission of information (many people hate reading long texts from screens) and perhaps more importantly for legitimacy reasons. 'If there is a book written about it, then it must be important' is a common sentiment.

BTW - I saw a copy of the June Scholastic's Administrator magazine yesterday. The cover article is 'THINK BIG - 10 radical ideas to try next year'. One of the 10 ideas is 'Trash Windows and go Open Source" by Jim Hirsch (p.28).

	And so the drum beat continues....

	See you in July.

Bryant