Re: [K12OSN] Fedora Education Initiative Launch

David Trask wrote:
On the topic of conferences....I'm not sure how effective a national
conference would be as you'd only attract those who can afford to fly to a
national conference.

At least initially, we need to bring the message itself to existing Ed-Tech conferences or directly to educators, rather than create our own conference. People attending an Open Source in Education specific conference would be mainly the already converted, so this would be mostly "preaching to the choir". Not the most effective use of limited resources.

For this reason, I highly suggest the top initial priority should be the production of an educational documentary video. This is an easy to reproduce message that scales cheaply, in a package that can more easily reach the uninitiated.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3189434260015988242
In addition to DVD distribution, the video could have the high accessibility and convenience of a simple URL like this example. (Requires Macromedia Flash.)

An educational documentary would simply be the most bang-for-the-buck and largest boost for the entire K12LTSP effort. I believe if we do this, this makes all subsequent promotion much easier. Entice educators nation-wide with this video. Then say, "Come to our regional OSS in Education conference to learn more."

They will.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]