Re: install docs note for getfedora

On Mon, Jan 04, 2021 at 05:27:34PM +0100, Mirek Jahoda wrote:
>    Hi Matthew,
>
> I believe that the corresponding section of the Installation Guide [1] is
> quite clear in this regard, isn't it?

I thought so too, but it was not to my dad.

Specifically, everything in https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora/f33/install-guide/install/Preparing_for_Installation/#_fedora_media_writer
was "blah blah blah" to him, as he has no idea what a Unetbootin or a
syslinux are (and has no need to). So he skimmed that and skipped down to to https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora/f33/install-guide/install/Preparing_for_Installation/#_on_windows
and was confused in the middle of steps 2, where the installer itself asks
where to install to. Apparently C:\Program Files (or whatever) is the
default, but he was unsure if that should be changed to the USB drive.

(Compare to the Mac instuctions below that, which say "copy the mediawriter
file into your applications folder".)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>