Re: Hi and a problem

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 12:32:55AM -0400, John Paul Wohlschied wrote:
> wiki. It sounds like I need to make a commitment to write documentation to
> get access to the wiki to fix one simple problem. Unfortunately, I'm unable
> to do that at this time. I'm sending this email in hopes that someone else
> will be able to fix the issue.

The wiki is protected because we had a HUGE problem with spam edits, done by
a human-powered spam mill operation somewhere (not just bots). It's not
ideal to have it locked down like that, but we really have no choice.

That said, it's not restricted to people who have made a documentation
commitment, but rather to anyone who is active in any Fedora group. If
you're a magazine writer (even a very occassional one), you should be able
to join the `magazine` FAS group, which will give you wiki edit access as a
side-effect.

Anyway, thank you -- I've made the edit.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>