Directing old docs to new docs

Hi Docs team,

I had a chat this morning with Brian Proffitt (cc'ed), community
wizard and all-around great guy at Red Hat. One thing we discussed is
the apparent lack of release notes beyond F26. I say "apparent"
because I know they're produced, and I know how to find them, but if
you just search "Fedora release notes", you end up in the old
Publican-based site.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'd like to bring it up
again: how can we easily direct people from the old docs to the new?

I don't think we want to remove them, because it's good for historical
reference to have them around, but it would be nice if we could easily
put a banner or something across the top saying "these are historical,
click here for the latest docs".

I know Publican generated the whole of the site, so I'm not sure how
easy it would be to go shoehorn that in. Another approach would be to
run all of the old content through pandoc and rebuild in the new
system. That sounds terrible.

To a large degree, this is an SEO problem, not a docs problem, but
"solving" it as a docs problem seems a lot easier. What do y'all
think?

One thing I'm going to do is add a link to the top of the ChangeSet
wiki pages post-release that links to the Release Notes.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His