Re: RFC: Git for docs writers

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 5:08 PM Justin W. Flory <jflory7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To make this more effective and improve its reach, consider assuming the
> reader uses any of a range of operating systems. It might help to offer
> pointers for macOS, Windows, maybe DEB/APT users.

I added a "hey, this basically works on any OS" note with a link to
the Git docs for info on installing on other OSes. I'm hesitant to add
any more than that because it gets away from the "here's a no-options"
approach and apart from the package install pre-reqs, everything else
should work.

> I think the most-visible place for people wanting to contribute to
> Fedora Docs is here:
>
>     https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora-docs/contributing/
>
> So maybe this is a good place to start?
>

> https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/documentation-contributors-guide/blob/master/f/modules/contributing/pages/index.adoc

Makes sense to me. I wonder if it should be slightly broadened to
apply to other non-code git repos, but it may make sense to leave it
as-is, put it there, and point other folks to it when needed.

If nobody else raises strong objections, I'll submit a PR later this
week to add it.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His