Re: RFC: Git for docs writers

Hey Ben,

On 12/16/19 4:04 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> Hi docs team,

> basic guide to git for docs writers:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bcotton/git-for-docs-writers

This is useful. An opinionated way of doing things helps. It would be
awesome to integrate this into the Fedora Docs contributor guidelines.

> I appreciate your feedback, bearing in mind that I intentionally wrote
> this to be a single way of doing things to focus on getting the job done
> instead of teaching the reader all of the different ways to do a task.

To make this more effective and improve its reach, consider assuming the
reader uses any of a range of operating systems. It might help to offer
pointers for macOS, Windows, maybe DEB/APT users.

I am thinking of my experience in Fedora's Telegram, Reddit, and
Discord, where community members were frequently interested in improving
or enhancing docs when gently prompted. Often times, people may use
Fedora in a project-specific or at their work, but their private,
personal machine (where they contribute from) is not Fedora.

> If it's useful, I'm happy to asciidoc it and put it somewhere (I'm just
> not sure where).

I think the most-visible place for people wanting to contribute to
Fedora Docs is here:

    https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora-docs/contributing/

So maybe this is a good place to start?

https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/documentation-contributors-guide/blob/master/f/modules/contributing/pages/index.adoc