FYI: Errors when building versioned repos and how to fix them

Hi again!

Yesterday I updated the build and preview scripts in several repositories (our versioned docs - Release Notes, Installation Guide, System Administrator's Guide); the old ones were still using Docker, the new ones use Podman and can build without root/sudo.

If you used the old script before, you might run into an error message along the lines of "Error: relabel failed: operation not permitted" when trying to build using the new one. This happens because the build, cache, and public directories created by the old script contain a bunch of files owned by root; you can check by running "find . -group root" in the repo, if you get any output, you found the problem.

To fix this, just run "sudo rm -rf build/ cache/ public/" to delete the old directories. The build script will recreate them the next time you run it, and the problem will go away. Don't worry about accidentally breaking anything, these directories are only used for temporary and preview files and they're all ignored in our repos (check the .gitignore), so you're not going to accidentally push them or anything like that.

Cheers,

Petr