Re: Translations are coming!

Le 2018-10-01 16:20, Petr Bokoc a écrit :
Adam, the proposal looks reasonable. Regarding where to store
translated sources: based on the Antora issue for multilang

We decided to have different repositories because Adam think it is more convenient for his CI work and convinced me it will work fine ;) As one repository for all translation file would create multiple issues, we decided to have dedicated repositories to store POT/PO.
Please read this page for more details:
https://taiga.fedorainfracloud.org/project/asamalik-antora-for-docs/us/110

Of course, that requires that someone to periodically in the POs from
our translation platform, run the script to apply them to the sources,
and push the translated sources in the correct directory. The process
was fairly manual before with DocBook/publican, too, so it shouldn't
be a huge issue.

The "fairly manual" process was a real issue in the past. We had a lot of translation that never been published :(
What Adam is working on is: automation.

So, we should have something like this:

English source -> POT files -> PO files -> translated source -> translated site

English source => Doc repository ==> (D)

POT files -> PO files => localization repository ==> (L)

translated source => "web" repository ==> (W)

When there is a change in (D), it will call a job, and update pot files in (L) When there is a change in (L), translation platform will know and get updated When there is a change in translation platform, it will update content in (L) every day or night, content from (D) and (L) are used to generate content for (W), and publish it

To be open: I offered to run a test using my own server as translation platform with Weblate and this is a personal choice for the development purpose.
What we design is and should be translation platform agnostic.

We have to discuss between translators if we want to use Weblate as a real world test or Zanata for the coming weeks. There is good and bad: Zanata will be stable but will require way more time for automation (I won't go into details here).