Re: Contributing docs for maintaining and creating a Fedora remix

I as unaware. Guess that is what this review is for. I will update the playbook and docs.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 7:39 AM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 7:19 AM, Aidan Kahrs <abkahrs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Neal,
> Bex is correct that the download server with the RPM repo and ISOs is a
> separate machine from the machine used to build the RPMs and ISOs. The build
> machine runs the latest version of Fedora and the download server runs
> CentOS to give a measure of LTS support while still staying within the RHEL
> family.
> The download server could feasibly run any distribution.
> Hope this clarifies.

I'd still recommend not suggesting the usage of the legacy createrepo
(though I don't know why we haven't just made createrepo_c replace it
already...). The older createrepo has known issues with how it
generates metadata. createrepo_c is available via EPEL, so you can use
it with EL6 or EL7. And of course, it's available on Mageia 6 and
later and openSUSE Leap 42.2 and later.