Re: Write permissions on Fedora Wiki

On Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 04:05:11PM +0100, Zdenek Dohnal wrote:
> this is probably kind of off-topic, but I think there could be a
> someone, who encountered it too. Does anyone please know, in which
> Fedora user group I need to be to be able to write to Fedora wiki and
> where I can be added to such user group? I would like to update printing
> pages, but sadly I do not have such right to modify the page.

Hi Zdenek! Thanks for helping us improve our documentation. Can you
tell me which pages you're interested in working on?

We have a general plan to move user-focused documentation out of the
wiki and to make that more of an active contributor workspace. (The key
problem with it being a mix is that it's way too easy for users to
accidentally click into a portion of the wiki that's not maintaned to a
standard that's useful for end-users.) The plan is for short how-to
and quick explanation documents to go into a "Quick Docs" repository,
currently at https://docs.fedoraproject.org/quick-docs/en-US/index.html

These documents are written in AsciiDoc instead of MediaWiki markup,
and managed in the git repo at https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/quick-docs.

Printing didn't make the list of wiki pages that I targetted for
initial conversion to the Quick Docs format, but it seems like a good
candidate in any case. Would you be interested in working on improving
the printing documentation in this way?

(I've cc'd the Fedora Docs mailing list, by the way; ideally we can
continue this conversation there.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>