Introducing myself

Hi all! I am new to this mailing list and would like to introduce myself. I am an automation technician and technical institute engineer.

I have been using various Linux distros on and off since 2005 when I first got introduced to Fedora. I've switched between Ubuntu, Debian, Mint and Fedora, but over time I have found that Fedora is the distro that suits me best and the one I actually enjoy quite a lot. For a few years a Macbook has been my goto-computer, but I've tried to keep up with what's happening in the Linux world. Now I want to contribute to the Fedora project since I've started using it on a regular basis again, simply because I think it's a brilliant system.

In time I want to contribute in development and programming, but first I want to get to know Fedora even better by contributing to docs and translation.

I have signed up for several of the mailing lists, including the join, docs and trans lists. I have registered on FAS, signed CLA and uploaded the SSH key. In Zanata I am approved for writing and I have logged in to Pagure. I have already translated some content in Zanata to get started. I have also joined several IRC channels where my nick is foroysund.

I have to admit that it has been a bit overwhelming to get an overview of all the different sites and systems that are being used. I still struggle finding my way around, but I'll get a hold of it soon.

I look forward to contributing and collaborating with you all. If anyone has any advice or heads up for me it will be highly appreciated. Also, I still have no access to any FAS groups (except Signed CLA Group and Signers of the Fedora Project Contributor Agreement), but I've applied to the Fedora Translators Group. I would like to hear from you if there are any other groups or forums I should join.

Again, I am looking forward to contributing and collaborating with you all, and last but not least being part of the community.

Sincerely, Joakim Forøysund