Re: Docs Site updates (open loops)

Following on from mattdm's question and reflecting more work, here is an
update.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017, at 04:31 PM, Brian Exelbierd wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Updates:
>
> * CI is still in progress - I got sidelined last week and this week by
> conferences that restricted my large blocks of time work

Still not worked.  The situation here is that the following needs to be
done:

1. Someone needs to take the information about CentOS CI and the sample
scripts from Nigel and make a system to get us a machine and load it ...
but ...
2. We need to decide if we are going to try to figure out how to get
everything working on CentOS (currently there are some blockers) or if
we want to do a container and run it that way.  CentOS CI will not serve
a Fedora machine today, but they are working on that with duffy 2.0.

Quasi-related - we still need packaging support for asciibinder.  The
Ruby SIG was working on this but I have not heard updates.

> * Tables are broken for translations.  The bug appears to be in `po4a`.
> I've written a patch and am having it tested by JB in French before
> pushing upstream.  Upstream has the patch for review - they want more
> tests :P

I've added more tests to the upstream patch and fixed some bugs that I
found.  JB is back on deck for testing.

We've also now got tentative support for translating the yaml files,
also in po4a, also with JB on deck for testing.

Upstream has not yet reviewed the extra tests or blessed the yaml
concept.

> * Directory dances: F27 docs are being published at docs.fp.o/f27 ...
> There is a desire to have some durable links at docs.fp.o/current.  To
> make this happen we need to enable canonical url support for
> asciibinder.  i have a few ideas but no code yet.  This will either be
> simple, or require a simple patch for variables to asciibinder.  An open
> question is about whether it is ok to have canonical links on every
> page, not just those under /current.

The patch that was needed (I hope) has landed in asciibinder.  I don't
know if upstream has cut a release yet or not, but we can definitely
continue to work on getting this all working while the release is
pending.

Upstream is talking about changing maintainers.  Ideal candidates would
have more ruby knowledge than I do, but I've put my name in.

regards,

bex