Self-Introduction

Hello all:

 * What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?

I am a member of the Ubuntu Documentation team and a wiki
administrator. I have been editing the wiki for several years and
assisting others in learning how to work on the maintaining the wiki.
 * What level and type of computer skills do you have?

I always dislike appraising my own skills, but I have been using
computers since 1979. I started with a TI-99/4. I have used Mac OS,
DOS, OS/2 Warp, DOS, Windows 3.11 through Windows 10 and Linux (Ubuntu,
Debian, openSUSE, Fedora and Arch). I currently manage a wireless
infrastructure of 480 access points and 50 virtualized servers split
between two network operating centers in an active-active
configuration.

 * What other skills do you have that might be applicable?  User
   interface design, other so-called soft skills (people skills),
   programming, etc.

I have experience with on-boarding new contributors to the Ubuntu
Community as a member of the Ubuntu Beginners Team Council. I have
experience with managing the social structure of a project including
resolving conflicts as a member of the Ubuntu Community Council.

 * What makes you an excellent match for the project?

I am passionate about open source software and the freedom it brings to
those who use it. While I ran Fedora occasionally in the past, I am
currently transitioning to using Fedora as my main OS. I always like to
give back to open source communities.

My timezone is GMT-5 (Eastern US).

Thanks,

--
Charles Profitt
Open Source Advocate

4096R/37BEB021
D8A5 6061 25C3 28B7 2264 2B39 3E13 4DD2 37BE B021