Re: Need help getting running with git on virtualization getting started

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 07:19:50PM -0500, Sandra McCann wrote:
> Hi Folks -
>
> I recently volunteered to help out with the virtualization getting started
> guide. After a bit of help in chat today, I learned i needed to ssh not
> https:// to clone the guide.
>
> When I do this, I get an error that I could not read from the repository
> and should check my access rights.  A bit more poking and it looks like I
> need to be in the doc-writers group but I'm not.
>
> my FAS account is under mccann2.  Can someone help with that, or let me
> know if there's something else I should be doing?
>
> I used the following:
>  git clone ssh://
> mccann2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/cgit/docs/virtualization-getting-started-guide.git/
>
> (with and without the mccann2)  and got the access error both ways.
>
> Thanks,
> Sandra

Sandra,

Using this command worked fine for me:

  git clone http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs/virtualization-getting-started-guide.git

And as far as I know I'm not in the doc-writers group. SSH doesn't work
for me, I get an error as well with that.

--
// Mike