Re: Fedora Working Group Writers

Pete,

It sounds like you're proposing a docs liaison(s) for each product.
That sounds like an excellent idea. I have nothing else to add there.

The other question that Fedora.next brings to the forefront is one
that we seem to have been struggling with (perhaps subconsciously) for
a while: what kind of documentation should we be producing? On the one
extreme there's the small, single-task documentation of wiki articles.
On the other end are the large guides (e.g. System Administrator's
Guide, User Guide). Somewhere in between are a wide variety of other
possibilities.

Any spot on the doc size spectrum has advantages and disadvantages for
both writers and readers. Once we've figured out what kind(s) of
documentation we want to produce, the next question is do we need
productized versions of our documents? I can see, especially after a
few more releases, significant difference between the content
appropriate for a Workstation Security Guide versus a Server Security
Guide.

I don't have answers (or even strong opinions) on these questions at
this point, but it seems like a good time to discuss them as a group.

Thanks,
BC

--
Ben Cotton