Re: Migration Schedule - docs

CC'ing Laura & Dayle who might know a bit more about the Fedora virt guides.

On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:28:18 +1000
Noriko Mizumoto <noriko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> > <mailto:pkovar@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >  >
> >  > Hi Noriko,
> >  >
> >  > On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 15:30:08 +1000
> >  > Noriko Mizumoto <noriko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > <mailto:noriko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >  >
> >  > > Hi
> >  > >
> >  > > I've started scheduling the books as requested, and some have already
> >  > > been undergoing [1].
> >  >
> >  > Sounds great!
> >  >
> >  > > Now Zanata team would like to know the repo location where they can
> >  > > submit the zanata.xml changes necessary to push/pull files from server.
> >  > > I looked in this table [2], but not sure they are up to date.
> >  > > Could you kindly point right place to look in?
> >  >
> >  > AFAIK this is the most up-to-date source we have. Essentially, all Fedora
> >  > guide git repos *should* be located underneath
> >  > git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs <http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs>:
> >  >
> >  > https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs/
>
> Thanks!
>
> >  >
> >  > > Secondly I can not locate the following projects in either of Transifex
> >  > > or Zanata.
> >  > > Could you please help to locate?
> >  > > - Documentation Guide
> >  >
> >  > I don't think this has ever been translated...
> >  >
> >  > Pete, can you confirm?
> >  >
> > Sounds right.  This really needs some attention, let's create a Zanata
> > project for it after updating.
> >
> >  > > - Multiboot Guide
> >  >
> >  > Dtto, but Pete can confirm I think.
> >  >

> > Also not ready for translation.  I will create a project when the
> > content stabilizes.
> >
> >  > > - Networking Guide
> >  >
> >  > This has never been translated. We could create a new project for it,
> >  > though.
> >  >
> >  > > - System Administrator's Reference Guide
> >  >
> >  > This guide is not in active development and Stephen W confirms we can
> > just
> >  > ignore it. I've moved the guide to
> >  > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_old_guides.
> >  >
> >  > > - Virtualization Security Guide
> >  >
> >  > Doesn't look like this has ever been translated. Not sure who could
> >  > confirm, though.
> >  >
> > I think we just sort of inherit some regexed RH guides.  I'd really like
> > to have someone step up with a plan for all the virt* guides before

Laura/Dayle might have some input on this.

> >  > Thanks,
> >  > pk
>
> According to the info updated above, those guides are now marked "no"
> for delegation and no further action will be taken.

Thanks, Noriko.

Just to clarify it a bit:

> * Documentation Guide
> * Multiboot Guide
> * Networking Guide
> * System Administrator's Reference Guide
> * Virtualization Security Guide

There are no translations for these guides, meaning there is no
need to create a Zanata project for them during the migration.

> * Virtualization Deployment and Administration Guide
> * Virtualization Getting Started Guide

These guides are translated into a number of languages and the translations
are available in Transifex. We should migrate this translation data. If we
decide these guides are not / will not be ready for translation, we can
mark them as read-only so that translators don't spend time on them.

Cheers,
pk