Re: Release notes have a launcher - maybe we should remove that

On 09/02/2014 05:57 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 03:41:17PM +0300, Elad Alfassa wrote:
On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2014-09-02 at 09:41 +0100, Marco Scannadinari wrote:
To me a perfect solution would be to place the release notes in
gnome-control-center's 'Details' section. It seems like an
appropriate
location and is better suited to these sorts of things since it is
not
somewhere like ~/Documents in which they are user-removable.
This approach would of course require downstream patches, however.
Or we could display them on an optional spoke in anaconda.
That's just silly.
Release notes used to be displayed in Anaconda, and AIUI removing them
allowed trimming a bunch of otherwise unused code.  I doubt the
Anaconda upstream wants to shove all that stuff back into the
installer.

Actually they kind of do. AFAIK there's a plan to make the Installation Guide available inside Anaconda - a "help" button on each spoke that opens the Fedora Installation Guide in Yelp at the section which describes the spoke. If Yelp is available during the installation, it should be easy to include the relnotes as well.

Petr