Re: Anaconda Addon Development Guide

On Wed, 2014-01-15 at 09:13 -0700, Pete Travis wrote:
> On 01/15/2014 04:53 AM, Vratislav Podzimek wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> > my name is Vratislav Podzimek and I am a member of the Anaconda
> > installer team. The Anaconda installer now supports third-party
> > extensions called addons and I have written a guide for implementation,
> > deployment and testing of such addon.
> >
> > Now I would like this guide to be included as part of the official
> > Fedora project documentation suite. Could anyone please tell me which
> > steps are needed for that to happen?
> >
> > The guide is here:
> > http://vpodzime.fedorapeople.org/anaconda-addon-development-guide/
> >
> > with the sources here:
> > https://github.com/vpodzime/anaconda-addon-development-guide
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> Hi Vratislav!  This guide looks very interesting, and it is great that
> you would like to share it with us. Thanks!
>
> Our path here should be this:
> 1.a We need to get you into the appropriate docs FAS groups. General
> membership is in "docs", general commit access in "docs-writers", and
> publishing access in "docs-publishers". As a guide owner and experienced
> writer, I'm comfortable sponsoring you for all three. Tell us your FAS
> ID so we can sponsor you - and use your powers wisely :)
> 1.b - Many of the Fedora Docs processes are detailed in our
> Documentation Guide[1].  It has been a work in progress for some time,
> but still helpful.  That is a polite way of saying that it *really needs
> a refresh*.  It would be a big help if you could reference the version
> in git[1] instead of at docs.fp.o.  If you find something missing,
> confusing, outdated, or incorrect you can fix it or just complain in a
> bug or mail - your perspective as a new participant is valuable feedback.
FAS groups: DONE.
Will have a look at the guide later.

> 2. Open a trac ticket[2] with infra for a fedorahosted git repo and
> bugzilla component to be created for the guide. Skip the git portion of
> the wiki page; once the new repo is available, I *think* you should be
> able to just `git remote add foo` and push to fedorahosted. The ticket
> should also specify that commit traffic go to
> docs-commits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .
DONE.

> 3.  Once the content is in a shared space, we can do some peer review.
> Your content looks great, and we have some very experienced technical
> writers that can help improve presentation and structure.
What can I do for this? The guide is at:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs/anaconda-addon-development-guide.git/

One more thing I don't understand -- how will it happen that the guide
will appear in the official documentation?

Thanks,

--
Vratislav Podzimek