Re: Some extra things I noted about the French Translation

2013/6/26 Leslie S Satenstein <lsatenstein@xxxxxxxxx>:
> French Release notes.
>
> Under 1.2
> Pour plus d'informations sur les fonctionnalités inclues dans Fedora 19, se
> référer aux pages individuelles du wiki qui détaillent les objectifs et les
> progrès sur les nouvelles fonctionnalités :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/19/FeatureList.
>
> In Québec as in France, we have the "Office de la langue Française", which
> is a stickler for grammar.  The use of sur in french means physically on
> something. In French we use of such as writing of the functionality. I
> suppose English should be the same.
>
> Revised to...
> Pour plus d'informations de les fonctionnalités inclues dans Fedora 19, se
> référer aux pages individuelles du wiki qui détaillent les objectifs et les
> progrès des nouvelles fonctionnalités :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/19/FeatureList.

No, stop !
The first part of this sentence does not make any sense.

> I guess you are using machine (software translation). Nevertheless, may I
> ask how intense was the proof reading of this translation for good French?

No need to come to sarcasm, please leave proofreading to native
speakers (and we are only a few).
Oh, and if you want to help the French translation, please join us on
the trans-fr list.
This debate has nothing to do here.

> The French I use follows
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_qu%C3%A9b%C3%A9cois_de_la_langue_fran%C3%A7aise
> (Office de la langue Française) whose role is "International French".
>
> Is there still time for a good review? The subject matter is excellent, just
> accomodating "International French" needs some tweaking.

French from France and French from Québec have a common ground.
But we use English words (Frenglish, a.k.a. Franglais), they use NYC slang.

Let's carry on this conversation on trans-fr.

Regards,

J.
--
Jérôme Fenal