Re: Problems with the zh-CN translation of readme-burning-isos

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 6:17 AM, Eric H. Christensen <sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, there are some broken DocBook markups in the zh-CN translations.  Perhaps you can just build the guide yourself (publican build --formats html --lang zh-CN) and work each of the issues?  I fixed a few of them and pushed the changes back up to Tx but there may be more.  I can only see the current issue by building and I don't know how many more there might be.

Readme en-US xml files in git repo didn't use the same names as the po files in transifex. PO files' name in transifex are beginning with fedora-readme-burning-isos., so the following warning happened when I run publican build.

Setting up zh-CN
PO file 'zh-CN/Article_Info.po' not found! Using base XML!
PO file 'zh-CN/Author_Group.po' not found! Using base XML!
PO file 'zh-CN/Burning.po' not found! Using base XML!
PO file 'zh-CN/Burning_ISO_images_to_disc.po' not found! Using base XML!

This will generate a non translated burning ISO doc only and no translation problem will be shown.
Would you like to repair this issue?

Then I renamed the po files' name manually, just delete fedora-readme-burning-isos. And ran the publican build command again. It works, and publican output listed the problem markup, they are located in Downloading.po. Here they are:

<filename>Fedora-<replaceable>&lt;version&gt;</replaceable>-<replaceable>&lt;arch&lt;</replaceable>-disc<replaceable>&lt;count;&gt;</replaceable>.iso</filename>,其中 "<replaceable>&lt;version&;gt;</replaceable>" 是您希望下载的 Fedora 版本, "<replaceable>&lt;arch&lt;</replaceable>"

&lt;arch&lt; should be &lt;arch&gt;
&lt;count;&gt; should be &lt;count&gt;
&lt;version&;gt; should be &lt;version&gt;
&lt;arch&gt; should be &lt;arch&gt;

(So difficult to find them.)

After fixed these typos, 'publican build' command generated the docs. But they are still in Fedora 17 directory. Title of the docs are still Fedora 17...

I fixed the translation errors in transifex.
Could you pull them to git repo and try to publish them again to Fedora 18?

Hope everything will be OK.