Re: Docs meeting summary - 3 September 2012

BTW, I'm usually there in spirit.  Have been recording IRC sessions
(ZNC + bitlbee) for a couple months now and reading in the evening.

Submitted my first bug this weekend, for the draft F18 Virtualization
Getting Started Guide.  Wasn't really a bug, just a suggestion.

Sparks and you once recommend PHD as a web-based editor for Docbook.
It turned out to be difficult to install and was overkill for what I
needed.  I used what I learned from the install and wrote a Perl-based
CGI script that suits my purpose.   It's a bit on the basic side but
has line numbering to make troubleshooting easier.  Catch me online
sometime and I forward an URL for it (if you're interested).

I tried to write a similar script for Publican but, for some reason,
there's something in Publican, or not in my Perl script, which doesn't
maintain the current working directory when "build" is called.  It'll
generate web content but aborts when building a PDF.  More
troubleshooting in my future, I guess.

R/ Tim (joat)