Re: Fedora Security Guide Update

On 08/29/2012 05:28 PM, Adam D. Ligas wrote:
> Hey Eric!
>
> I wrote a very tiny section of the security guide - the bit on
> 7-Zip - and I was looking to revisit it to make a couple updates
> since there has been some change in this space for F17+.

Yes, I noticed that you had made some changes to the wiki page.
Unfortunately is not current with what's in the Security Guide since
development has moved over to the XML files in git.  I can make the
changes you've pointed out or you can do so, yourself, in git.

> The second update I want to make is to the navigation paths to
> Terminal.  They need to be updated from:
>
> Applications -> System Tools -> Terminal to Activities ->
> Applications -> Terminal

Yeah, this would only be in GNOME 3 and I wonder what other changes
need to be made else where.  I'm not sure how to really deal with the
difference between GNOME 3 and other desktop environments.

> The third update I wanted to do was add a new section for creating
> the archives via the GUI.  This wasn't possible before, and I
> imagine it will be a lot easier for some folks.  That one is
> longer, so I attached it to this email.

Got it.  As I said above I can add it myself or you are welcome to do so.

> The last update I wanted to make was to update my credit.  Given
> how much I've contributed it is almost silly that I'm credited at
> all, but it is certainly appreciated.  If my email address could be
> changed to agent86@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, that would be awesome.  Then
> I'll look like everyone else, and it'll be easier for when my email
> moves in the future.

No contribution is too small (or too big!).  I'll update your email
address in the author list.

> I'm not sure if it is a major no-no or not, but I also updated the
> wiki (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Archive:Security_Guide/7Zip).
> It looks like things have migrated into a new Fedora Documentation
> system I am unfamiliar with, but if nothing else, I thought the
> edits in the wiki might be easier for you to pull than the one
> attached.

Yeah, those wiki pages are dead and need to be removed (they are
already in Archive:).  All SG development is in git.

> - Adam

Thanks for your updates!  I've cc'd the Docs list so we have a public
record of the conversation and your contribution.

Just let me know if you would like to make those changes in git or
not.  If you need some assistance just let me or someone else know and
we can help you out there.

- -Eric