Re: An introduction and a task looking for sponsor

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Eric H. Christensen <sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:54:13AM +0800, 姜宇 (Anthony Jiang) wrote:
> After reading part of Fedora docs,  I see that there is no page explaining
> parameters in ifcfg-wlan0 file just as ifcfg-eth0 does.
> And I would like to add a page in docs explaining those parameters( such as
> ESSID, CHANNEL, MODE..) in Networking chapter.

Is this the User's Guide?  The best way to get something added is to grab the source (located at https://fedorahosted.org) and file a bug in bugzilla (https://bugzilla.redhat.com) with a patch that includes your added text.

I checked it again.  In Fedora 14 and 15, it's in the Deployment Guide, Chapter 4 and Chapter 6, respectively. Both named Interface Configuration File.   In Fedora 16, it's in the System Administrators Guide. Only ifcfg-eth0 exists, and I wish to add a page for ifcfg-wlan0.
Anyway, I would file a bug in bugzilla, download the source and work out a patch later.

Have you gone through the steps for joining the Docs project (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_contribute_to_Docs)?

Yes, I've read through the steps. And I would start killing open bug. Could anyone sponsor me on that?
- -- Eric

Eric H Christensen        eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Sparks"                  sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--