Re: Release Notes draft

On 04/05/2011 07:26 PM, John J. McDonough wrote:
> Please review release notes at
>
> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/docs/release-notes/en-US/
>
> I will shortly be making an RPM.  I will make an en-US RPM that will end
> up in the wrong place on XFCE/LXDE and have no index entries.  Those
> will have to wait for later.  The notes haven't even been branched yet,
> let alone translated.
>
> A lot of folks made last minute contributions to the beats.  I thank
> them for their efforts.  We've been running late this entire release and
> every little bit helps a lot.

Anaconda related changes seems completely undocumented.  I believe there
is a change to how net install works and a change that makes it easier
to add users to the wheel group and wheel group gives them sudo
access.   Also you no longer need to pass "btrfs" as a Anaconda option
to get a choice of Btrfs in the menu during partitioning and btrfs is
considered support with a plan to make it default for Fedora 16 once we
have a more functional fsck.

Fontconfig bytecode interpretor is enabled by default since some
patent(s) related to that expired.  We enabled it the last release cycle
but fonts needed changing and we have done it this release   There was a
discussion about the impact of this change in CJK fonts in the Fedora
fonts list which can be added as a reference.

2.2.3 should link to upstream release notes

2.3.1  can't biosdevname be completely removed to disable this feature
permanently?  I think so

3.1 mentions "wonder patch"  I think a link to kernelnewbies.org would
be better

3.2.1 is redundant with 3.7.1.  Latter should be removed I think

3.3.7 is incorrect.  This feature is only 20% complete

4 should probably include a section on SystemTap and link to

http://blog.verbum.org/2011/03/19/analyzing-memory-use-with-systemtap/

Rahul