Re: Beats are now open

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 11:19 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 04:31:17PM -0400, John J. McDonough wrote:
> > I have removed the "closed" templates from all the beats and reset the
> > beats table at
  (clip)
> John, are you planning a similar announcement for the devel-announce
> list?

Paul

Step 2 is to email previous beat writers directly.  This will pick up
those few folks who earlier took beats but aren't on the docs list, and
perhaps light a fire under those who just haven't found one of them
round tuit thingies.

Step 3 is to recruit new beat writers, through a posting to devel, but
also perhaps a few direct emails to candidates I identify by studying
review requests.  Yeah, sneaky, I know, but it seems like someone who
has been pushing a lot of, say, Sci/Tech packages might be interested in
bragging on them. (Although we have a physicist already in our midst who
might have an interest in that specific task!)

The dev posting has to have quite a different flavor.  Here we are
mostly trying to incent folks relatively new to the project to roll up
their sleeves.  In dev I suspect we are mostly trying to talk
contributors, perhaps quite experienced contributors, into bragging
about their work.  That comes about the same time we are reminding the
developers that we are getting the alpha one-page ready and they might
want to put a little shine on their feature pages.

--McD