Guide Translations versus Bug Fixes

For clarity I'm starting a new threat specific to the translation versus
bug issue.

The problem, as I see it, is in the guide life cycle:

Development
Development freeze
Release POTs so translators can do their magic
Incorporate magic in with the master source
Compile and create all documents
Publish
Accept bugs
System falls apart

It's that last portion that is the problem.  If we fix the bugs then we
break the translations which means the translators have more catch-up
work to do.  If we don't fix the bugs then we have "official"
documentation that has known errors which, to the end user, can be
confusing at best, catastrophic at worst.

And apparently we aren't the only group to have this problem.  GNOME and
Ubuntu both have this problem and address it similarly to us.

It seems that we have two choices:

1) Fix the bugs, push the enhancements to the next release, and
translators have more work to do although we should be able to minimize
the work.

2) Roll all the bugs and enhancements to the next release and do zero
maintenance to the documentation once they have been published.

Personally, I lean more towards the first option.  As Shaun, from GNOME,
said last night, "...I don't think fully translated docs are worthwhile
if they're wrong".

And we should be able to limit the amount of errors that get translated
in the first place by actually doing QA.

I welcome thoughts from the community...

- --Eric