Re: Fedora 14 Schedule

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 11:57 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:

> It is disappointing and counter productive to see posts like this
> complaining about how hard it is to use what you've been given when to
> my knowledge you've never specifically requested what you need to make
> your job easier.
>
> What were you hoping people would take away from this post beyond "the
> schedule is too hard to read and we'll be sending changes to John" ?

John,

It wasn't my intent to be negative towards you at all,  indeed, the more
I dig the happier I am that you are doing the heavy lifting and not me.

I am going through the schedule, trying to sort out the issues.  And, as
in previous releases, there are fewer issues than the release before.
The challenge is that most of the issues are non-obvious.  Even when you
are pretty intimate with the process, it is hard to catch the
disconnects.  I thought if a few more folks would get their eyes on it
we would miss fewer things.

Getting your head around a project this big is hard, really hard, as you
know better than anyone.  Since I (supposedly) understand the Docs
processes, I view the disconnects as much more my problem than yours.
>From a Docs perspective, F13 went really well.  I'd like to see F14 go
ever better.  So yeah, I'm being really picky.

Taskjuggler is in no way easy to use, but with a project this size,
neither is anything else.  I was simply hoping to draw more eyes, so
Rudi and I can come to you with a concise set of corrections just once
(we were tasked with that a couple of meetings ago).  I appreciate the
hard work you have done, and I thought if we could get the Docs part
sorted amongst us girls before we bothered you with it, we wouldn't need
to keep cycling back, chewing up your time. I would like to see this
coming release be perfect.  We really are pretty close.

--McD