Re: RPM Guide and RPM Max

----- Original Message ----- From: "Panu Matilainen" <pmatilai@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Florian Festi" <ffesti@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "John J. McDonough" <wb8rcr@xxxxxxxx>; "For participants of the Documentation Project" <fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: RPM Guide and RPM Max

Indeed, there's little point in wasting scarce resources on trying to keep two books up to date, better concentrate on just one. The RPM Guide is far far closer to being up-to-date than Max-RPM which *should* mean it's far easier to update to match current RPM versions.

I think the question that needs to be asked is how much value does Maximum RPM add, and is it appropriate or necessary to include that in the RPM Guide. I haven't studied either well enough to be in a position to even offer an opinion.

But, that is additional fodder for the discussion.

--McD