Re: Licensing directions for Fedora content

On 04/07/2009 05:03 AM, Ian Weller wrote:
On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 01:55:50PM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
Red Hat Legal, while tolerant of our OPL stance, would actually much
prefer it if we went to CC-BY-SA for our docs. I've asked them to double
check that this is acceptable to them, and if so, draft up some wording
around how we would like people to give us attribution (that is the real
weakness in CC-BY-SA).

Given that we can find a good way to require those doing that to give us
attribution, I'd strongly support using the CC-BY-SA, most notably
because it's a more widespread license that I think a lot more people
have heard of than the OPL.

For what it's worth, I also vote +1 for CC-BY-SA.