Re: [Fwd: Re: Testing the Fedora 11 Installation Guide]

Paul W. Frields wrote:
I didn't know if the IG guru was on fedora-test-list.  This seemed
like a worthwhile suggestion; maybe the author could be persuaded to
file a bug!
Thanks Paul for the heads-up.
----- Forwarded message from Gireesh Sreekantan <sgireeshmail@xxxxxxxxx> -----
As you can see, essentially what we'd like you to do is to take a look
at the Fedora 11 Installation Guide as it currently stands - it's at
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/
This is a link to the version 10 guide. The version 11 guide is substantially different from its predecessor, so the version 10 guide should not be used for testing. Testers should instead use a copy of the version 11 guide from here: http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/Installation%20Guide/ (available in HTML, HTML-single and PDF)

As it turns out, I think that Gireesh's comment applies to the new version of the guide anyway, because section 7.2 of the old guide wasn't about text mode ("7.2. RAID or Other Nonstandard Configurations")

Should section 7.2 of the install guide have more detail about this
feature? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewTextUI
Great idea. I've covered the changes in text mode at a couple of other points in the guide, but missed this obvious one! :)

Cheers
Rudi